NOMINATION DEADLINE: FRIDAY, MARCH 1 The Greater Washington Jewish Sports Hall of Fame honors outstanding Jewish athletes and sports professional who have strong ties to the Greater Washington Jewish community. Hall of Fame inductees will be honored at the annual Dinner of Champions Saturday, November 23, 2019. The Dinner of Champions is the Bender JCC’s signature fundraising event and supports Camp JCC’s fully inclusive summer camp for children and young adults of all abilities. Candidates for induction into the Greater Washington Jewish Sports Hall of Fame must meet the following criteria:
- Must be Jewish
- Must be able to attend the event on November 23, 2019.
- Must have outstanding accomplishments as an athlete or sports professional.
- Must demonstrate excellence in leadership, sportsmanship and character.
- Must have ties to the Greater Washington, DC area, meeting at least one of the following requirements
- Born and/or raised in the area
- Attended high school or college in the area
- Participated in sports or in the sports profession in the area
- Currently living in the area OR lived here for a significant period of time